Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sherlock Holmes Battle!

Yea, looking at the picture above, you can see that I have both version of Sherlock Holmes. The left version is screened at 2009 (which I think everyone already knew about this kicking ass blockbuster hit - the actor even had an award for that role). What people didn't knew (or didn't take notice) is the another version of Sherlock Holmes movie that just come out by Dvdrip recently ( I had to admit, I downloaded the version on the right first )

What's the difference? Well ~ A LOT!

The 2009 version used a lot more of effects then the other one. Which mean, you can actually see the darker side of London (correct me if i'm wrong) back then. As usual, Sherlock Holmes lives in the Industrial Revolution timeline, so viewers can see most of the antique technology lives by the help of CGIs. Another thing to add is that... Sherlock is TOO COOL, and even I can't believe it. If you aren't a fan of Sherlock Holmes, you would like it.

On the other hand, the 2010 version was too... Serious. Of course, Sherlock and Watson always have their comedic moment but, yeah ~ You wouldn't see Holmes kicking anyone ass in the 2010 version. There's nothing much CGI, and yeah, I HAD TO ADMIT! - The graphic effects like explosions are BAD. Look at the bright side, you can see Sherlock like you have always imagined while reading the novels and books. Simple but weird little guy, and Watson always be right next to him.

Conclusion? Watch both and tell me yourself which is your favourite? I'll give like A+ for the 2009 cool macho Holmes, but A+ for the 2010 version for giving me a satisfaction to finally see Holmes in person.


No comments: